House | Colom : History - Fruits and vegetables at Rungis - Paris

1955

1955
We are in 1955, Rungis doesn't exist. "Les Halles" are the only one which offering a great diversity of imported and french products, when Mister Colom, a spanish man, with a taste for good products and fruits and meditterrean vegetables lover, decides to create his own business at the 150 Avenue Victor Hugo to share his enjoyment of good things.
The Colom shop became very quickly a parisian reference. It offered a great quality of fruits and vegetables, baskets of exceptional fresh products and gourmet food store products, found in France and all-over the world during the founder's travels. Colom used to deliver at home the most demanding customers.

Knowledge

Knowledge
Gradually, Colom built its brand image thanks to its knowledge in fruits and vegetables which seduced a large amount of customers, who still loyal today.
As part of shop's customers, we found head-chef of great parisian restaurants, personnalities, directors of CAC40 companies looking for products of high-quality and novelties to satisfy their curiosity. This growing reputation has renewed the delivery for palaces and luxury hotels.

2006

2006
Since 2006, a new lease of life is developing the Colom House : Yoni Cohen, who was the owner of several fruits and vegetables shops, takes the company to galvanise and develop on the market place. Quickly, a new structure is installed in Rungis on the MIN's heart, to make easier the logistics and to answer to any type of parisian restaurants.
Today, the House count at least 170 loyal customers, 12 order clerks presents for a long time, about ten trucks and its entire structure in Rungis.
  • History
  • Knowledge
  • Renewal